Tuesday 30 December 2014

2015 Fundraising Off To A Flyer Start

I Know This Person!

We popped into the local supermarket this morning. This is Booths, a bit upmarket from your Tesco, Sainsbury and Waitrose.

I wasn't expecting to be taken by surprise there, although I was once a bit stunned to see the variety and number of types of vegetarian sausage they had on display (they have retreated a bit on that one, maybe people prefer the normal sausage, filled with doubtful mixtures which should not be enquired into).

On another occasion we were in the wine department, enquiring if they stock Rueda, a very nice Spanish white wine we had recently encountered. They did stock it, and we found this out from the "wine educator", who told us he had trained as a solicitor!

The surprise today was when I looked at the noticeboard which carries announcements of events ranging from theatre events to coffee mornings. I saw my own name staring out at me. Of course I knew the event was coming up and of course that it would be advertised. Lindsay is proving to be very efficient.

I know you have suggestions for talk or signing venues. No matter how crazy, let me know. I will talk to anybody. If you want a signed copy of one of my books in return for a donation, or for any other reason, email me on:

victalksthewalk@gmail.com


Don't be shy. No venue is too small or too large. We have a disease to beat here.


If all other ideas fail you, why, you could just go to the "Donate" button on this page and send your money to the cause.

Follow me on Twitter:
@VicTalksTheWalk

No comments:

Post a Comment