Wednesday 10 December 2014

Am I Really Withdrawing My Books From Sale?

Vic's Big Walk is about my 14,500 kms walking project
Living In The Real Cyprus is about the 8 years we spent living there


Now here's a conundrum.

I am committed to writing at least one more book, probably two. All the proceeds from all my books go direct to pancreatic cancer research. I have just embarked on a project to raise more funds and sell more books by doing talks and presentations on a regular basis. So why would I withdraw my books from sale?

The e-versions of my books are selling very well on Amazon Kindle. They are also available in virtually every e-book version and seller known to man. A steady income is going to pancreatic cancer research from them.

The paperback version, available from Amazon and elsewhere, is not selling as many copies. I think this is fairly normal these days. The strange thing is that although the paperback version costs more, the profit from each copy is negligible and much less than each, cheaper, e-book.

The paperback copies I sell elsewhere, at presentations and elsewhere, are sold at an enhanced price because they are individually signed and dedicated to the buyer or to the person for whom they are intended (perhaps as a gift). And because I make it very clear that they are for an important cause and that therefore they include a donation. I have now decided to make the paperback versions available only through these direct sales. So they will no longer be available from Amazon or from bookstores.

If you have suggestions for talk venues, if you want a signed copy of one of my books in return for a donation, or for any other reason, email me on:

victalksthewalk@gmail.com


Don't be shy. No venue is too small or too large. We have a disease to beat here.
Follow me on Twitter:
@VicTalksTheWalk

No comments:

Post a Comment