Thursday 18 December 2014

Another Gig And A Tale Of How A Scone Inspired Me To Walk 14,500 Kms For Pancreatic Cancer Research



There are scores of restaurants, cafes and coffee shops in Lytham, where we now live. JP's is the newest arrival. It has been open for about 6 weeks and has very quickly established an excellent reputation and a loyal clientele.

Deservedly so. The coffee is excellent - and different - almost all the cafes in the area sell the same type of coffee but JP's has selected, after considerable tasting and consideration, a different brand. The cakes are splendid and in great variety, attracting a great deal of attention and discussion from the customers. The lunches are eye-catching in their presentation, filling, and  excellent to the taste buds.



At the moment,JP's is open only during the day, but they have gained a licence and will shortly be serving during the evening. A series of themed evenings is planned to attract the discerning diners of Lytham and one of these will be built round a presentation by yours truly. I am not sure whether, being a themed evening, diners will be expected to turn up in their hiking or rambling gear. I don't mind what they wear, but I shall be telling them a very interesting tale of how a scone in New Zealand inspired me to walk 14,500 kms and launched me into a whole new career of fund-raising for pancreatic cancer research.

Today I also opened discussions with another coffee shop about me undertaking a slightly different fund-raising activity there. Watch this space.

I know you have suggestions for talk venues. No matter how crazy, let me know. I will talk to anybody. If you want a signed copy of one of my books in return for a donation, or for any other reason, email me on:

victalksthewalk@gmail.com


Don't be shy. No venue is too small or too large. We have a disease to beat here.
Follow me on Twitter:
@VicTalksTheWalk

No comments:

Post a Comment