Wednesday 14 January 2015

I Write Books To Save Lives

Wanted - Vic Heaney


And his books

I feel like a bandit in the Old West, confronted by wanted posters wherever he turned. But in my case it is nice to feel wanted.

There are more than 20 of these posters in the Lytham St Annes Area and those pictured are just those advertising my book signing stint at the Methodist Church Table-Top Sale on January 31st (0900 to 1300). There are also posters advertising my evening gig on the same day at JPs cafe in Lytham, at which I will be talking about my Big Walk project and the book about that.

I will be emphasising at these and subsequent events that the reason for my activities, and for writing the books, is to raise funds which will hopefully help to find a breakthrough in the treatment of pancreatic cancer, and also to raise awareness of what a scourge it is. It is one of the biggest cancer killers, but a very poor relation when it comes to receiving public funds.

And why is the survival rate just 4% in Britain when it is 6% in USA and Australia?

No comments:

Post a Comment