Tuesday 3 February 2015

Gig At Short Notice? Vic's Your Man

Sandbach


I have spent a lot of time in the past couple of months marketing this concept - that I go to a club or other gathering and do an illustrated talk about Vic's Big Walk, then ideally sell autographed copies of my book about the walk, or indeed any other of my books, to raise funds for Pancreatic Cancer UK. One of the problems is that most of the clubs which take regular speakers plan and book more than a year in advance.

But all that hard work is paying off now. For instance, I know that one of Sturday evening's audience at JPs Coffee House in Lytham has been back into JPs to get my contact details for a local club.

And this morning, while we were in the car coming back from St Annes, I had a call from Sandbach Probus Club, asking me to stand in at short notice, next Tuesday, for their planned speaker who has had an accident. Of course I accepted and it will be back to Cheshire for the day, only a few miles from Middlewich, where I lived for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment