Wednesday 25 March 2015

Pirates Plunder Pancreatic Cancer Donations


Every now and again, I receive a Google Alert to tell me that my books have been pirated and are being sold on sneaky little websites.

I suppose all authors are subject to this sort of theft., but in my case all the proceeds from my books go direct to Pancreatic Cancer UK to assist the search for a cure and to alleviate the suffering of those afflicted with this dreadful illness. Every time a pirate copy is sold, the money goes into someone's pocket - someone who did not walk for 14,500 kms and then spend months writing the book - someone who is definitely not giving the money to any charity. Someone who is stealing, not only from me, but from the sick and dying. That is pretty despicable.

If you buy a copy of any of my books, you should buy electronic versions only from bona fide sources such as Amazon, Apple, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, et cetera. If in doubt, email me and I will tell you whether the supplier is kosher or not.

Paperback copies can be obtained only from me, either at one of my events or by contacting me direct. You will receive a personally dedicated copy, signed by the author. Every penny of the proceeds will be sent to Pancreatic Cancer UK.

Contact me at

victalksthewalk@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment