Thursday 23 April 2015

Big Tone And The Birds

Big Tone's Goldfinch

There I was, walking along minding my own business, when the phone pinged in my pocket. The message said "Someone has donated on your JustGiving page".

Of course I followed this up to find that there was a £30 donation, out of the blue, from Big Tone, the Birdman of Congleton. Big Tone knows all there is to know about birds. A mere glimpse of a rose-coloured mandible will have him waxing about first year juveniles and all sorts of technicalities.

Of course you know that my current fundraising for Pancreatic Cancer UK majors on giving talks about my Big Walk from SW France to NW England, and selling autographed copies of my books, including the book of the walk.

But Big Tone's donation reminds me to remind you that straightforward donations will not be spurned. Indeed, I crave them. So don't be shy about putting me out of my misery by making a donation yourself. No sum is too small or too large. Just click HERE and follow the obvious instructions. Or go to the page by clicking this link:

https://www.justgiving.com/Vic-Heaney2/

Thanks, Big Tone, for the donation, the reminder, and the stolen photograph.

Here is the link to Big Tone's Bird Blog.

http://congletonbirds.blogspot.co.uk/

He asks me to point out that the photograph was actually taken by his old mate Brian Steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment