Wednesday 8 July 2015

Two Fundraising Methods

Here Lies A Highwayman (accompanied by his mother)

Another successful fundraising day for Pancreatic Cancer UK​ today. We went to Upholland Probus Club. The talk seemed to go down very well, and the speaker's fee, together with the sale of several copies of my books, duly signed by the author, totalled £135, which has been immediately dispatched to @Pancreatic Cancer UK via my page at JustGiving.

Apparently Upholland was called Holland in the Doomsday Book. They must have changed the name when they realised it was on a hill and was therefore not flat enough.

The last English highwayman, George Lyon, is buried there. He was executed at Lancaster because in those days highwaymen did not enjoy the romantic image they have today. My way of raising funds is much more pleasant.

The picture is of the grave occupied by George and his mother. It is nice that she remained faithful to him in those circumstances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the age of 70 I walked from the French Pyrenees to Blackpool.
I then wrote a book about the walk.
I wrote another book, about the 8 years Gay and I lived in Cyprus.
I give talks about the walk project.
All of this to raise funds for Pancreatic Cancer UK. ALL proceeds of my books also go to PCUK.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me for a signed copy of either book or to arrange a talk for your club or any other gathering.
victalksthewalk@gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------------
Get an e-version of either book from Amazon Kindle or iBookstore, Kobo or any of the main e-book websites.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation:

No comments:

Post a Comment