Thursday 16 June 2016

WE HAVE ARRIVED, AND TO PROVE IT WE ARE HERE

Gay photographing the pebbles she carrued all tge way from St Bee's to Robin Hood's Bay

The last day was hard. I don't think I have ever seen so much mud in my life, including the last few miles along the cliff tops to Robin Hood's Bay. Dangerous in places, strengh-sapping otherwise.

I don't mind admitting this is the hardest thing I have done in my life. Much harder than my 70-day walk 6 years ago, when I was a mere 70 years of age. I don't know whether it is because I am older, because I was ill before the start and did not give myself any time to recover from that, or the state of my eyes which meant I had to concentrate on every footstep for the whole day every day most days. But it was very hard, and I think I can confidently say that I will never undertake anything like this again, unless I am confident the footing is smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment