Friday 10 February 2017

NEARLY HALFWAY THERE


My fundraising for Pancreatic Cancer UK took a couple of giant leaps forward today and I have almost reached the halfway point to my target of £8000.
This morning I gave my talk to the Probus Club of St Annes on the Sea. Speaker fee, individual donations, and sales of signed copies of my books pulled in the splendid total of £224.40.
Just time for lunch at the excellent Vinyl Groove Cafe in Lytham, then it was over the road to the Clifton Arms Hotell.
Here I spoke again, this time to LSA & District Conservative Ladies Tea Club. Their contributions came to £148.30.
Both groups clearly enjoyed my talk. I enjoyed giving it, and the total for the day, now gone to Justgiving, on the way to Pancreatic Cancer UK, was a magnificent £372.40.
Not a bad days work, and much done on raising awareness of this dreadful illness and the desperate need for a cure.
Tomorrow I have another talk, this time in East Lancashire.
I have many bookings for this talk in 2017 but I have capacity for more if your club or group is interested. I also have other talks up my sleeve. Contact me for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment